Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2014

New Baby Card and Gift Set

Good morning on another lovely sunny day here in Nottingham (enjoying a late summer). I'm grabbing myself a few minutes on the pooter whilst Blake is asleep - poor lad got diagnosed with the flu on Monday so he's having a few days off school resting until we can get his temperature down.

I've been wanting to share this with you for a while but as I hadn't given it to it's recipient I couldn't. I know it's arrived safely now so at last............my lovely friend Lou had a gorgeous baby boy George recently and I made a card and matching gift for him. Here's the card:

Scentsy

The card took me forever to design as I wanted it to match the gift and I just couldn't get it right at all. My mojo had defo gone for a walkabout when it came to making this. I've used all Stampin' Up! products, some current some retired and one set is a Christmas stamp set!

Here's the gift, a sleeping bag for baby George:

Scentsy

I didn't have a pattern or follow a tutorial for this one, I really winged it - including guessing the size - hope it fits! I adore this fabric and bought it from my favourite fabric supplier The Faff Room. I saw the fabric and knew it would be perfect for this so bought it without thinking about how I would make it.

Here are a couple of close ups of the card.  Did some therapeutic colouring in and cutting out here.

Scentsy

Also close ups of the baby sleeping bag, I adore these giant buttons, wish Stampin' Up! still did them. I cut out a tree from the main fabric and appliquéd it on to the bib - the whole thing is lined with a gorgeous organic cotton fabric with super cute paw prints on.

Finally I made a little oval decoration to match on the hanger. 

Scentsy

I'll admit I found this a bit tricky to photograph so I hope I've shown it off OK.

Scentsy

You can buy Stampin' Up! from Louise or visit her blog HERE

OK - I'd better go and check up on Blake and perhaps snuggle up to him too. We managed a it of play yesterday so fingers crossed he has a little more energy today, I'm in the mood for creating a train station out of Lego Duplo!

ooh - don't forget to scroll down to my previous post and leave a comment to be in with a chance of winning my paper give-away!

hugs
Victoria
xxx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x