Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Stampin' Up! Fabric Bag

Mmmm loving the fact that summer is here. Not so much loving the fact I have National Grid digging up the road right outside my house or that sometime this week or next they want to come in and move our gas outlet pipe and our meter. Can't quite relax knowing I'm about to be disturbed but not sure exactly when!
Anyhoo, I have had the sewing machine out again today for a play. One of the things that bugs me is buying a cold bottle of water, popping it in my bag and then the contents of said bag getting soggy due to the condensation. I've seen lots of bottle bags about in blogland so decided to have a go at making myself one:
I've used the gorgeous Stampin' Up! Beau Chateaux fabrics and with much patience, got my bag made! I've popped a flower on the band created using the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die and a couple of Subtles Buttons. Did you know that our Bigz dies cut through fabric? So quick and easy to make:
I had some thread just the right match to the button and fabric - bonus!
Here's the bag so you can see the handle too:
I used lining fabric in between the two layers of the bag and it's base to give it a bit of extra strength, in hindsight I guess I should have used some insulating fabric! Maybe next time.

Also just wanted to share with you a cutie photo from the weekend, I will scrapbook it when I can nip out to the photo printing shop. We went down to Kent to my eldest brother's wedding and our boys were playing about after their bath before the evening reception:


Zac is on the left, showing off his new 'bashed out tooth' smile! Good shot Blake.....

A new friend of mine has a fabulously creative blog and she also has a weekly crafty linky party! You just need to follow her blog Polkadot-Pretties and visit at least one other link from the party to share the love!



I'm linking up with this water bottle - and the mini beasts of course!
Enjoy the sunshine
Hugs
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yay !!

    So glad you linked up ! Thank you for the sweet mention too :)

    Your does are adorable :)

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this!!! Great idea to keep your water/drink in so it doesn't get everything else wet. I will be featuring this bag carrier on My Crafty Picks #72 with a link back to your blog on 8-5-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x