Pages

Sunday 3 April 2011

Vintage Tea And Some Posh Nosh

Oooh I'm having a lush Mother's Day today. Doing as I please.....crafting! I enjoyedthe last Embellish challenge I joined in with so much that I had to have ago at their latest one too, even though the colours aren't very me at all. Another stipulation is to use fancy trim:


I've used some of the gorgeous new mini catty stuff - Springtime Vintage DSP, the fabulous Four Frames and Itty Bitty Bits Stamps, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and a Big Designer Button! My colours are River Rock, Always Artichoke and Certainly Celery. I always, always take poor photos of green shades. I have no idea why!


Once I'd stamped the frames, I cut them in half to make some bunting and stuck them down on dimensionals for lift. I didn't have any of the new seam binding ribbon in Pear Pizzaz which would have looked fab, so I dyed some of the White Organza Ribbon using my River Rock ink pad and once dry, pulled a thread through the centre to ruffle it up. To make my matching thread for the bunting and to attach the button, I cut down the edge of the ribbon as neatly as I could! So cute that the Itty Bitty stamp set have matching punches!

So on to my quite posh lunch out yesterday! The rain stopped - hurrah! My friends took pleasure in planting a massive silver and pink helium balloon on our table with '40' on for the whole world to see (it was more embarassing taking it shopping and then home on the bus with me afterwards to be honest!).

The company was fab and the food was delish. Have to share.......


Not convinced I'll be taking tiles off my roof and varnishing them to make plates just yet though. I don't do fish as a rule, I'm allergic to shell fish and anything tasting vaguely fishy generally makes me turn my nose up. But given a choice of fish or brocolli soup, I opted for the fish. Twas OK but couldn't eat a whole one. Next up yummy steak, mash, spring greens and mushroom puree followed by vanilla panacotta with berries and sorbet. The far right pud wasn't mine but it looks yummy doesn't it?
And to help celebrate....

 

Ladies wot lunch wouldn't be complete without cocktails would it? Can you guess which is mine? Left to right: negroni, singapore sling and a cosmo.

Well I'm off to play with more goodies from the mini - if you feel tempted to purchase or to have a party or a play, please get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

Hugs

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love that card, that ribbon is smashing! Yummy puds and tempting cocktails - a perfect recipe for a great night out! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours Vic and the card is fab. Oh get you with the posh lunch..lol It all looks very nice.

    Enjoy the rest of your day

    Love and hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card V and the food looks pretty amazin too! I'm ordering the frame stamps n punch and the itty bitty ones too! Love what you've done with em! I'll let you have my order tomorrow by e-mail - can't decide what else to get - there's soooo much yummy stuff!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card darling love the colour
    Glad you had a fab birthday looks like you had a great meal out too
    hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that banner (and the food and drinks too)! Thanks for joining Embellishes Decorative Trim Color Trends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so fun! Love the banners, and the ruffle ribbon too! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x