Pages

Friday 17 December 2010

Get the flock outta here

Well, after my plans to make my own Christmas cards went very wrong whilst on holiday and the weekend we got back, I thought I'd give it a go to see if I can at least get some made in time. So as I'm feeling 100% better today, I set about my first batch. I've had to keep it simple so I can set up my craft 'conveyor belt' system to get them done on the kitchen floor so I can craft and keep an eye on my boys at the same time - without fear of them trying to help Mummy out!


















I really like these ones, I didn't have any plans for how they would look but was determined to use the gorgeous patterned flock paper from the Christma Cocoa DSP pack that you can get with the Welcome Christmas Bundle. Remember you still have until the 30th December to order your Christmas bundles to get your mitts on some free rolls of ribbon. Ideal to order now and make an early start on your cards for next year (hmm - should take my own advice here!). Here's one of the cards:






















I've used the Ornament Punch to create the baubles and tied a small amount of silver Elastic Thread across the top and popped on a yummy rhinestone for a bit of Christmas bling! The sentiment is from the Contempo Christmas stamp set, stamped in Real Red on to Whisper White card.

And as for the flock element - check out this scrumy paper:


















It's certainly one of those papers where you want one lot to use and the other to keep and stroke! Or is that just me that does that????

We had a bit of snow yesterday and have more forecast for the weekend, hoping not too much as we want to take the boys out somewhere to make up for their spoilt holiday. Fingers crossed......

Hugs
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love these cards Victoria, very stylish.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Victoria....... I did giggle at your heading, tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope not just you! I think we all want to do that with our papers ;-)
    Love this card, simple and effective
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x